GLI offers a wide range of courses and education programmes to the trade union movement, including one-day, weekend, five-day residential courses and work-shops, and summer schools, suitable for trade union professionals and lay activists. These include both GLI Courses and bespoke education programmes commissioned from GLI by unions.
The most important event of the GLI Network is the GLI International Summer School, political education designed to develop fresh and refreshed political thinking in the international trade union mvoement. First held in July 2012, the school has become an annual event, held at Northern College, UK. Each school explores four key themes:
- The Big Picture: Contemporary capitalism, anti-capitalism and the trade union movement
- The Politics of Organising: Building the Trade Union Movement from Below
- Global Unions – Global Politics: The politics of the international labour movement, its institutions and its organisations
- Our Common Purpose: Prospects for the political agenda of the international trade union movement
GLI offers national unions and international federations bespoke education programmes, ranging from one-day workshops to residential schools. Depending on the needs of the commissioning union, GLI can provide preparatory research, course materials, programme design, speakers and facilitators, delivery and evaluation. All commissioned programmes are available to unions on a negotiated fee basis.
We specialise in two areas:
- THE POLITICS OF THE INTERNATIONAL TRADE UNION MOVEMENT
- ORGANISING IN THE GLOBAL WORKPLACE