On 30 January, Labour Movement Solidarity with Hong Kong is holding an online meeting and rally to protest against the arrest of 53 pro-democracy lawmakers, organisers and trade unionists under China’s National Security Law and build global solidarity with our Hong Kong comrades’ struggle.
The arrests and wider wave of repression are nothing short of an attempt to intimidate any and all opposition into silence and submission.
They are an assault on both the right to democratic representation and on grassroots advocacy and organising.
- Lee Cheuk-Yan, Hong Kong Confederation of Trade Unions and former LegCo member
- John McDonnell MP (Hayes and Harlington), former Shadow Chancellor
- Clive Lewis MP
- John Moloney, PCS civil service union Assistant General Secretary
- Nadia Whittome MP (Nottingham East)
- Julie Ward, former MEP for the North West